Central Reserve Police Force
About Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Personnel
Central Reserve Police Force popularly known as CRPF is a premier paramilitary force of the Armed Force of the Union of India whose main aim to maintain internal security. CRPF is usually deployed in areas to maintain peace and internal security. CRPF was established in the year 1939 as the Crown Representatives.
Interested candidates from as early as class 8th up to graduates can apply for the various posts. Both male and female candidates can apply for CRPF. However, the women candidates can get entry into some selected categories only. The selection board of Central Police Organizations (CPO) selects the officers of CRPF through entrance test, medical test, physical test and interview.
Eligibility to become Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Personnel
To become a CRPF officer a candidate must have passed intermediate or 10+2 or equivalent examination. Apart from this, a candidate must be able to type 35-40 words per minute in English, 25-30 words per minute in Hindi.
• The age of the candidate should be between 18-25 years of age.
• A minimum of 170 cms. (5 cms. Relation for Adivasis or Tribals) Chest-81 cms. (A minimum of 5 cms. of expansion; tribals 77-82cms for the male candidates.
• The physical requirement for the female candidates 157 cms. of height (154-155 cms. for Adivasis or Tribals)
• Eyesight Near Vision (corrected vision) J.I (better eye); J.II (worse eye)
• Distant vision – better eye (corrected vision) – 6/6 or 6/9. Worse eye 6/12 or 6/9
• Flat feet, Knock knees, squint in eyes and physical defects ruled out
All the candidates who have qualified the written examination have to pass the shorthand/typing and interview to be eligible for the jobs.
Types of Job Roles Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Personnel
There is an ample number of central reserve police force job profiles. However, the eligibility criteria and the requirement of educational qualification differs for all these respective CRPF job profiles:
Assistant Commandant: They are responsible for various decision making and supervisory functions, similar to any other Group ‘A’ service, The also take care of the several other managerial functions peculiar to the service, besides leading the troops in the field. Their role and performance are of great significance due to the special features of an emergency force which is pressed in aid to the civil power to perform multiple roles in extremely difficult situations.
Sub Inspector: A Sub-Inspector is one of the most Important Rank officers in the CRPF as he is the direct link between the superior officers above him and the Constabulary below him. The prime job responsibility of the Sub Inspector is to maintain Law and Order and to prevent crime.
Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI): In CRPF they are responsible for Platoon second in charge after the SI and are assigned the staff/administrative charge of the platoon.
Head Constable: Head Constables are mainly employed to be in charge of general duty in police stations, as an officer in charge of outpost and guards, and armed reserves.
Employment Opportunities for Central Reserve Police Force
The employment opportunities for central reserve police force are available within the CRPF itself. This is because of the nature of the job and its policies.
Pay Scale/Salary of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Personnel
The salary in Central Police Reserve Force as from post to post. Check out the salary for a different post in CRPF monthly is as follows:
• Constable – Rs.7,000
• Head Constable – Rs.9,000
• Sub Inspector- Rs.13,800
• Assistant Commandant- Rs.16,200
Note* The above salary is the basic pay and does not include other allowances.
Books & Study Material to Become Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Personnel
As such, there is no single comprehensive book or study material for the preparation of the CAPF exam. One can study the NCERT books, and readymade all in one book which contains GS+ aptitude material. The major topics to study for the exam include modern and ancient history, NCERT science books till class 10th, geography, basic maths, International Relations, Reasoning, Data Interpretation, Quantitative Aptitude, Number Theory, Algebra and few others.
Pros of becoming a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Personnel
• It provides you with an opportunity to serve the nation which is very rewarding in itself.
• Once the officers attain the higher post they are offered a good salary and few of them also get an opportunity to serve in India as well as abroad.
Cons of becoming a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Personnel
• With frequent transfers and the nature of the job, it is very difficult to have a stable family life.
• During the emergency situations, there can be a threat to your life as it is your responsibility to bring peace in the society.